Having so many things to bring is a common concern among the travelers regardless whether the trip is local or international. And it is not even strange to see a bundle of belongings being carried by a first-timer if you are to observe the scenario in the airport and any other places where foreign tourists often flocked together. But it’s not actually what they are carrying which is the problem, but on how they pack them is the one making the lighter items heavier and uncomfortable to carry.
It is apparently a burden and no one can deny how tough it is to bear and transport a lot of luggages and backpacks at the same time. Though there may be luggage boys or transport vehicles, but until when and where can they assist for your comfort? That’s just like saying that if you’re hiking on a mountain, you have no choice but to do the job yourself. Isn’t that a form of penitence? Well, that’s the reason why before you travel, you should bear in mind these following tips on how to properly pack up your belongings for your comfort and security:
Tips to Make Your Luggages Lighter
- Apply Roll Technique for Your Clothes – it means that you have to roll your clothes like what is done in tissue papers. That is quite beneficial if you have lots of garments to bring and you don’t want them to get too wrinkled.
- Put lighter items at the bottom and the heavier on top of your Backpack – it does not reduce the weight of what you carry, but that makes things lighter to carry since the backpack rests on your lower back. And likewise, it is best if you put the dirty ones at the bottom so the clothes left on the top are those which you have not yet used.
- Try Packing in Plastic – if you pack your clothes and other items in plastic, you can easily see what you need when you unpack them, and that’s also one way of protecting your belongings from being wet especially when the weather is rainy. You can also avoid leaking of your liquid materials if they are putted into plastic.
- Separate Beach Bags – having beach bags are necessary if you plan to go to beach for you can separate your swim suits and the like from your business or ordinary clothes. It can definitely save your time especially when you bring with your kids.
- Pack Only What You Need – it’s impractical or unwise to carry those things which you will not be needing since they can serve no purpose in your trip. And although you may be thinking of having “reserved” materials for unexpected events, it is always better to have multi-purpose clothing or those which you can use for whatever events.
Tips to Secure Your Belongings
Scan Your Important Documents Before Traveling – check your passports, tickets, credit cards, etc. which you will be needing for your travel to avoid consequences such as delays and lost items in the middle of your trip. And after you scanned them, make sure that you place them on a very secured place; otherwise, you’ll be surprised why visible things got lost from your clear sight.
- Separate Your Valuables – separating your valuables is greatly beneficial during emergency as in the case of robbery or unexpected events in which you have lost something. For instance, if you lost your wallet, you are still secured since you can use your credit cards or other accounts.
- Lock on Your Bags – having security locks in all your bags is necessary to make sure that no other person can instantly and easily steal your important belongings inside. Although this seldom happens, but it’s possible when you’re in crowded place.
- Never Trust Strangers and Don’t Leave Anything Anywhere – you may already be aware of this, but this is just to remind you since this is often the reason why crimes of stealing and robbery exist and in which foreign traveler are usually involved. So better to be skeptic than to be trustful and generous with the new people whom you might be meeting along the way.
- Visit Local Tourism Office – you can be properly guided by the authorities if you visit and ask for important information about the place where you intend to go and what you should do for safety or security reasons. And for certain, you’ll have the best accommodation since the local officials will consider you as their client.
It’s really a great travel experience if things are easy and lighter to carry and if you are prepared for any inevitable circumstance which might happen in the middle of your trip. Thus, taking into account the aforementioned tips is an initial step towards the safety and security before you can land on to your next destination.